Programming Flex 3
The Comprehensive Guide to Creating Rich Internet Applications with Adobe Flex
- List Price$43.99
- Your price$35.19
Save $8.80 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you want to try your hand at developing rich Internet applications with Adobe's Flex 3, and already have experience with frameworks such as .NET or Java, this is the ideal book to get you started. Programming Flex 3 gives you a solid understanding of Flex 3's core concepts, and valuable insight into how, why, and when to use specific Flex features. Numerous examples and sample code demonstrate ways to build complete, functional applications for the Web, using the free Flex SDK, and RIAs for the desktop, using Adobe AIR. This book is an excellent companion to Adobe's Flex 3 reference documentation. With this book, you will:
- Learn the underlying details of the Flex framework
- Program with MXML and ActionScript
- Arrange the layout and deal with UI components
- Work with media
- Manage state for applications and components
- Use transitions and effects
- Debug your Flex applications
- Create custom components
- Embed Flex applications in web browsers
- Build AIR applications for the desktop
Flex 3 will put you at the forefront of the RIA revolution on both the Web and the desktop. Programming Flex 3 will help you get the most from this amazing and sophisticated technology.
- O'Reilly Media, September 2008
Adobe Developer Library
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: