A Practical Approach
by Myke King
So why another book on process control?
Process Control: A Practical Approach is a ground-breaking guide that provides everything needed to design and maintain process control applications.
The book follows the hierarchy from basic control, through advanced regulatory control, up to and including multivariable control. It addresses many process-specific applications including those on fired heaters, compressors and distillation columns.
Written with the practicing control engineer in mind, the book:
- Brings together proven design methods, many of which have never been published before
- Focuses on techniques that have an immediate practical application
- Minimizes the use of daunting mathematics – but for the more demanding reader, complex mathematical derivations are included at the end of each chapter
- Covers the use of all the algorithms, common to most distributed control systems
This book raises the standard of what might be expected of even basic controls. In addition to the design methods it describes any shortcuts that can be taken and how to avoid common pitfalls. Proper application will result in significant improvements to process performance.
Myke King’s practical approach addresses the needs of the process industry, and will improve the working practices of many control engineers.
“This book would be of value to process control engineers in any country.” – Mr Andrew Ogden-Swift, Chairmain, Process Management and Control Subject Group, Institution of Chemical Engineers, UK
“This book should take the process-control world by storm.” – Edward Dilley, Lecturer in Process Control, ESD Simulation Training
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Myke King
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Myke King
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 21, 2016
- Wiley, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: