- List Price$38.95
- Your price$35.09
Save $3.86 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In Pragmatics, the study of meaning derived from context, Jean Stilwell Peccei offers a practical introduction to this core area of linguistics. Pragmatics:
- encourages the reader to look at different levels of meaning within sentences
- provides a basic understanding of key pragmatic concepts
- introduces two highly influential approaches to pragmatics: the Co-Operative Principle and Speech Act Theory
- encourages the reader to apply basic analytical tools to real data, eg. advertising language and children's conversations
- provides a range of activities, discussion questions, an answer key and further reading.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2002
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: