Practical Patient Literacy: The Medagogy Model
- List Price$41.00
- Your price$36.89
Save $4.11 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 17200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Use the Medagogy Model to enhance patient communication—and the efficiency of your practice
In this unique guide, Dr. Melissa Stewart explains her patient-centered Medagogy conceptual framework, which tracks the flow of information throughout the patient education process, from information to delivery to action. Not only does the Medagogy model help patients understand their illness and become their own best healthcare advocate, it is the cornerstone of effective multidisciplinary patient education.
Dr. Stewart’s patient literacy work and her Understanding Personal Perception (UPP) tool were incorporated into the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 9th scope of work Care Transitions pilot. The Quality Initiative Organization, which used Dr. Stewart’s work in this program, was acknowledged by the CMS with a national award for their outstanding contribution to the field of healthcare.
- Unique focus on Medagogy, the author’s proven patient literacy model that has reduced patients’ readmissions to hospitals and has applied a reliable, robust methodology to individual and interdisciplinary patient literacy efforts
- Practical patient orientation clarifies how patients can assert their healthcare goals and knowledge, helping them assume their rightful position in the planning and management of their treatment
- In-depth discussion of pedagogy and andragogy—two theoretical frameworks that support human learning strategies—and how they can be used to teach different patients and accommodate their particular educational needs
- Guidance on how to understand the patient’s emotional state and grieving process while receiving healthcare
- Handy tools such as the Patient Education Hierarchy, Informational Seasons, the PITS model and the UPP tool that can add direction to individual and/or team patient education efforts.
- Case studies, numerous illustrations and figures, chapter summaries, and full references
- Mcgraw-hill, February 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: