Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Hardest-Working Creatures on thePla net
A guided tour inside the world of bees
Overtaxed and underrecognized-and now disappearing in alarming numbers- bees are the unsung heroes of the food chain, essential for the pollination of more than ninety of the crops we eat. The hardworking, humble, and matriarchal bee finally gets her due in this engaging and expertly written guide that will appeal to anyone who's ever been curious about the mysterious and always-buzzing world of bees.
Beekeeper Susan Brackney explains:
• Why honeybees are disappearing-and what we can do about it
• Who's who in the hive-the queen bee, the workers, and the drones
• Bees by the numbers-the number of bees per hive, the number of wing beats per second, and other fascinating facts
• Gardening tips to attract and support honeybees
• The beekeeper's trade-the essential equipment and the latest tools, a day in the life, and more
• Honey, pollen, wax, royal jelly, mead, and other products of the sweet life
• The secrets behind making a bee beard (or bee bikini) with live bees
...and much more
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Susan Brackney
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Susan Brackney
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 25, 2016
- Penguin Publishing Group, May 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: