- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
It’s tough to argue with R as a high-quality, cross-platform, open source statistical software product—unless you’re in the business of crunching Big Data. This concise book introduces you to several strategies for using R to analyze large datasets. You’ll learn the basics of Snow, Multicore, Parallel, and some Hadoop-related tools, including how to find them, how to use them, when they work well, and when they don’t.
With these packages, you can overcome R’s single-threaded nature by spreading work across multiple CPUs, or offloading work to multiple machines to address R’s memory barrier.
- Snow: works well in a traditional cluster environment
- Multicore: popular for multiprocessor and multicore computers
- Parallel: part of the upcoming R 2.14.0 release
- R+Hadoop: provides low-level access to a popular form of cluster computing
- RHIPE: uses Hadoop’s power with R’s language and interactive shell
- Segue: lets you use Elastic MapReduce as a backend for lapply-style operations
- O'Reilly Media, October 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: