Oracle SQL by Example
- List Price$55.99
- Your price$50.39
Save $5.60 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 23200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The World’s #1 Hands-On Oracle SQL Workbook–Fully Updated for Oracle 11g
Crafted for hands-on learning and tested in classrooms worldwide, this book illuminates in-depth every Oracle SQL technique you’ll need. From the simplest query fundamentals to regular expressions and with newly added coverage of Oracle’s powerful new SQL Developer tool, you will focus on the tasks that matter most. Hundreds of step-by-step, guided lab exercises will systematically strengthen your expertise in writing effective, high-performance SQL. Along the way, you’ll acquire a powerful arsenal of useful skills–and an extraordinary library of solutions for your real-world challenges with Oracle SQL.
- 100% focused on Oracle SQL for Oracle 11g, today’s #1 database platform–not “generic” SQL!
- Master all core SQL techniques including every type of join such as equijoins, self joins, and outer joins
- Understand Oracle functions in depth, especially character, number, date, timestamp, interval, conversion, aggregate, regular expressions, analytical, and more
- Practice all types of subqueries, such as correlated and scalar subqueries, and learn about set operators and hierarchical queries
- Build effective queries and learn fundamental Oracle SQL Developer and SQL*Plus skills
- Make the most of the Data Dictionary and create tables, views, indexes, and sequences
- Secure databases using Oracle privileges, roles, and synonyms
- Explore Oracle 11g’s advanced data warehousing features
- Learn many practical tips about performance optimization, security, and architectural solutions
- Avoid common pitfalls and understand and solve common mistakes
- For every database developer, administrator, designer, or architect, regardless of experience!
- Pearson Education, August 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: