Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease
- List Price$99.95
- Your price$89.99
Save $9.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 40800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease has been proving itself in the classroom for nearly 10 years and is praised as being accessible, applicable and a valuable textbook. It focuses specifically on the relationship between disease and nutrition, an area of ever increasing interest and concern as health care costs and availability continue to be an issue worldwide. Now reaching beyond just the individual healthcare concern, the potential for nutritional interventions to improve health status is also of heightened interest to public health professionals who are faced with an aging, obese, at-risk-of-diabetes population who may or may not have access to insurance. This textbook is the foundation of understanding how nutrition can be used to improve health status.
New to this edition: 100% overall new material. 26 new authors or co-authors and all chapters have been completed updated
4 completely new chapters: Surgery for Severe Obesity Snacking and Energy Balance in Humans Phytochemicals in the Prevention and Treatment of Obesity and Its Related Cancers Bioavailability and Metabolism of Bioactive Compounds from Foods
New section on Dietary Bioactive Compounds for Health explores bioactive components present in edible plants of particular interest for the prevention of disease
New to the obesity section is a chapter on the management of patients who have undergone surgical treatment for obesity
- Selected for inclusion in Doody's Core Titles 2013, an essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries
- Integration of food issues with nutrition provides a unique perspective to disease prevention/control
- Material in the book is up-to-date with current research
- Individual sections of the book can be used for mini-courses or in-depth study
- Diversity of material makes this text useful for nutritional scientists and also for upper division nutrition course work
- Elsevier Science, December 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: