Now You Know Football
by Doug Lennox
- List Price$7.99
- Your price$7.19
Save $0.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 4000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
It’s easy to be a Monday-morning quarterback, but the true football fan has the answers all week long. Doug Lennox, the all-pro of Q&A, leads the drive as he tells us why a touchdown is worth six points, who first decided to pick up the ball and throw it, and how a children’s toy changed the sport’s biggest championship. Along the way we’ll meet players great and not-so-great and encounter the various leagues that have come and gone throughout the world.
- Why is the sport called "football"?
- Who first used the term sack?
- Why did one American president consider banning football?
- What football team was named after a Burt Reynolds character?
- Why are footballs shaped the way they are?
- How many times have NFL and CFL teams squared off?
- Which came first - the Ottawa Rough Riders or the Saskatchewan Roughriders?
- Whose Super Bowl ring is a size 25?
- Dundurn, August 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: