Now You Know Baseball
by Doug Lennox
- List Price$7.99
- Your price$7.19
Save $0.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 4000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
While baseball is touted as America's favourite pastime, everyone will know the score with this grand slam of Q&A that's sure to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Doug Lennox hammers it out of the park by filling us in on who's won the most Cy Young Awards, what the Green Monster is, and the five ways that a player can be called "out." In this treasure trove of baseball lore, you'll learn all about the leagues and teams that have come and gone, the players who are legends, and the achievements and records that have become the stuff of myth and fable.
- Where and when did Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run?
- What major league team was known as the Blue Jays long before a team existed in Toronto?
- Who were the Bash Brothers?
- Where was baseball first played?
- Who wrote the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"?
- Did Fidel Castro try out for the New York Yankees?
- Dundurn, March 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: