Mosby's Handbook of Herbs & Natural Supplements
- List Price$52.95
- Your price$47.69
Save $5.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 22000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Access the most reliable information on herbs and alternative medicines from trusted author, Linda Skidmore-Roth, in Mosby’s Handbook of Herbs and Natural Supplements! Reviewed by nurses and herbalists alike, this authoritative resource presents herb and supplement profiles in a convenient, A-Z format for fast reference. This edition’s updated, streamlined design helps you find information quickly, and a new systematic pregnancy and breastfeeding classification offers the latest guidelines for this special client population.
- Detailed monographs for 300 commonly used herbal products and natural supplements include vital information on the products you’ll encounter with your clients.
- Updated references and information from new studies make this a reliable source for herbal content.
- Alert icons warn you of potentially dangerous reactions that could threaten your clients’ health.
- Popular Herb, Pregnancy, and Pediatric icons help you find relevant content quickly for common herbs and herbs for special populations.
- Quick-reference format presents consistent monographs for each herb and makes it easy to find the information you need.
- Herbal Resource appendix, Drug/Herb Interaction appendix, Pediatric Herbal Use appendix, and a list of abbreviations provide essential resources and expanded herbal material in one convenient spot.
- A comprehensive index of herbal terms allows you to look up an herb by its common or scientific name, as well as by condition.
- A pregnancy classification system from the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration allows you to analyze herbs individually and provides a consistent formula to decide which herbs should be used.
- Updated content throughout includes the latest uses, actions, dosages, contraindications, side effects/adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, alerts, and references.
- Pediatric Herbal Use appendix covers uses, guidelines, and expanded pediatric and adolescent information for 32 herbs.
- Drug/Herb Interaction appendix lists known drug and herb interactions for herbs included in the handbook to ensure client safety.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, April 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: