Microsoft® XNA® Framework Edition: Programming Windows® Phone 7: Programming Windows® Phone 7
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
NOTE: This book is the printed, XNA-focused edition of Programming Windows Phone 7, which is available as a free eBook from the Microsoft Download Center. A Microsoft Silverlight®-focused edition is also available for sale in print (ISBN 978-0-7356-5667-3). The Microsoft eBook covers both XNA and Silverlight in one volume.
Bring your game ideas to life—with guidance from a Windows programming legend
Begin creating your own game apps for Windows Phone 7—guided by the consummate teacher, award-winning author Charles Petzold. Focusing on the XNA 2D framework and the C# language, you’ll learn how to extend your existing skills—mastering core concepts and techniques for this new mobile platform. As always, Charles brings a unique combination of pragmatism and inspiration to his instruction—along with a wealth of hands-on examples.
Discover how to:
- Develop high-performance XNA 2D games
- Create and animate text and sprites
- Capture and embed bitmaps, balancing performance issues
- Support multi-touch input—including tap, drag, flick, and pinch
- Manipulate bitmaps at the pixel level
- Apply dynamic textures
- Work with transforms
- Put components together for touch-and-play and tilt-and-play games
- Test-drive your game on Windows Phone Emulator
- For system requirements, see the Introduction.
- Microsoft Press, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: