Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Unleashed
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This is the industry’s most comprehensive, realistic, and useful guide to Microsoft Lync Server 2010. It brings together “in-the-trenches” guidance for all facets of planning, integration, deployment, and administration, from expert consultants who’ve spent years implementing Microsoft Unified Communications solutions.
The authors first introduce Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and show how it represents a powerful leap beyond earlier unified communications platforms. They systematically cover every form of communication Lync Server can manage, including IP voice, instant messaging, audio/video conferencing, web conferencing, and more. You’ll find expert guidance on planning infrastructure, managing day-to-day operations, enforcing security, troubleshooting problems, and many other crucial topics.
Drawing on their extensive experience, the authors combine theory, step-by-step configuration instructions, and best practices from real enterprise environments. They identify common mistakes and present proven solutions and workarounds. Simply put, this book tells you what works–and shows you how to make it work.
- Plan and manage server roles, including Front End, Edge, Monitoring, Archiving, and Director roles
- Understand Lync Server integration with Active Directory, DNS, certificates, and SQL Server
- Manage Lync Server through the Lync Server management shell and Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager
- Migrate smoothly from OCS 2007, 2007 R2, or Live Communications Server
- Utilize Lync Server’s new enterprise voice and audio conferencing features
- Use Lync Server with your PBX, as a PBX replacement, or in your call center
- Integrate presence into SharePoint pages or Exchange/Outlook web applications
- Build custom solutions with the new Unified Communications Managed API
- Deploy new Lync Server client software, including Mac, mobile, and browser/Silverlight clients
- Integrate headsets, handsets, webcams, and conference room phones
- Use the new virtualization policy to simplify deployment
- Pearson Education, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: