Membrane Processes in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics
- List Price$225.00
- Your price$202.49
Save $22.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 90800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Membrane processes are increasingly used in pharmaceutical and biochemical engineering and biotechnology for concentration and purification, synthesis of molecules and drug delivery systems, and support for biochemical reactions. This book provides a state-of-the art overview of the classical membrane processes used in pharmaceutical and biochemical engineering and biotechnology, such as ultrafiltration, microfiltration, virus filtration, membrane chromatography, membrane emulsification, liquid membranes and membrane bioreactors. It describes the general rules (principles, choice of configurations, membranes, parameters, etc.), recent developments (fouling control, increase permeate flux and selectivity, etc.), applications, and theoretical descriptions. Further, it presents emerging processes such as solvent resistant nanofiltration and membrane crystallization.
- Presents classical membrane processes such as ultrafiltration, microfiltration, virus filtration, membrane chromatography, membrane emulsification, liquid membranes and membrane bioreactors
- Presents emerging processes such as solvent resistant nanofiltration and membrane crystallization
- Gives a complete description of each technique (principles, membrane materials and devices, fouling control, and theoretical description)
- Contains numerous examples of applications
- Includes a uniform notation throughout the book enhancing the presentation and understanding of the content
- Includes extensive list of references
- Elsevier Science, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: