Medical and Veterinary Entomology
- List Price$99.95
- Your price$89.99
Save $9.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 40800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
For medical, veterinary, entomology and public health students, this acclaimed textbook has been fully updated and revised to reflect the most recent advances. Each chapter is structured with the student in mind, organized by the major headings of Taxonomy, Morphology, Life History, Behavior and Ecology, Public Health and Veterinary Importance, and Prevention and Control. This 2e includes separate chapters devoted to each of the taxonomic groups of insects and arachnids of medical or veterinary concern, including spiders, scorpions, mites, and ticks. Internationally recognized editors Mullen and Durden surpass the competition by including extensive coverage of both medical and veterinary entomological importance.
* Follows in the tradition of Herm's Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* The latest information on developments in entomology relating to public health and veterinary importance
* Two separate indexes for enhanced searchability: Taxonomic and Subject
New to this edition:
* Three new chapters
- Morphological Adaptations of Parasitic Arthropods
- Forensic Entomology
- Molecular Tools in Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* Online ancillaries: glossary, chapter images, study questions, and related web links
* 1700 word glossary
* Appendix of Arthropod-Related Viruses of Medical-Veterinary Importance
* Numerous new full-color images, illustrations and maps throughout
- Elsevier Science, April 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: