Medical and Veterinary Entomology
- List Price$155.00
- Your price$139.49
Save $15.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 62800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Medical and Veterinary Entomology is a comprehensive text and is primarily intended for graduate students and upper level undergraduates studying the medical and veterinary significance of insects and related arthropods. The book will also appeal to a larger audience, specialists and non-specialists alike, including entomologists, parasitologists, biologists, epidemiologists, physicians, public health personnel, veterinarians, wildlife specialists and others looking for a readable, authoritative book on this topic. The first two chapters provide overviews of medical-veterinary entomology and epidemiology, respectively. These are followed by individual chapters devoted to each group of insects or arachnids of medical-veterinary importance and the health problems they can cause including their role as vectors of pathogens. Each of these chapters provides an overview of the taxonomy, biology and ecology of the group, and is followed by separate sections on their medical and veterinary importance, then by a section on prevention and control and, finally, by a list of references and further reading.
* Nationally and internationally renowned contributing authors
* Up to date and new information that is easy to locate, with extensive subheadings and highlighted key words throughout text
* Includes extensive coverage of arachnids, including scorpions, solpugids, spiders, mites and ticks
* Designed for teaching several courses including Medical Entomology, Veterinary Entomology or combined Medical-Veterinary Entomology courses
- Elsevier Science, September 2002
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: