Managing Infrastructure with Puppet
by James Loope
- List Price$9.99
- Your price$8.69
Save $1.30 (13% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 4800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Get started with Puppet, and learn how this popular configuration management framework helps you automate your servers. This concise introduction shows you how to use Puppet’s tools and templates to organize and execute configuration plans on Linux, Unix, and Windows servers. Through code samples and real-world examples, you’ll learn how to manage pools of servers and virtual instances, and how to administer access control. If you’re new to Puppet, but familiar with systems administration and Ruby language basics, this book is the ideal way to start using this open source framework.
- Learn Puppet fundamentals, including its manifest syntax and built-in functions
- Store configurations in a central location with PuppetMaster, and define which configurations apply to which nodes
- Build a framework to create user accounts in place of LDAP or Kerberos KDC
- Apply techniques to execute and manage server configurations with MCollective
- Use Puppet as an auditing tool to ensure that configurations are correct
- Gather information on the nodes you manage with the Facter library
- O'Reilly Media, June 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: