Making Mathematics Meaningful ─ For Students in the Primary Grades
Making Mathematics Meaningful ? For Students in the Primary Grades shares practical suggestions and unique strategies that will contribute to making mathematics meaningful for young learners.
Werner Liedtke is a former elementary educator who has partnered with primary teachers in the classroom environment and authored and co-authored several books and articles about mathematics teaching, learning and assessment, and specific aspects of the mathematics curriculum. He brings a wealth of expertise while sharing valuable information that helps educators, tutors, and parents who homeschool, reach the major goals of the mathematics curriculum. Liedtke includes suggestions for accurate assessment and reporting as well as prompts that illustrate question strategies, all while providing fun and imaginative activities that will help students:
- ? Develop number sense - visualize numbers.
- ? Develop spatial sense ? imagery and visual thinking.
- ? Learn basic addition and subtraction facts.
- ? Develop mental mathematics strategies.
- ? Foster problem solving abilities, confidence, and mathematical reasoning.
- Trafford, February 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: