These sight word flash cards include 50 Pre-School (or Pre-Primer) sight words. Sight words can be known by many names including high-frequency words, Dolch words, Fry words, instant words or even Star words. This list includes 40 of the most common sight words, plus 10 common sight nouns.
To make it fun and easy to practice reading with your child, these flash cards have been designed especially for the kindle:
- Words are Ordered by Frequency - This list is ordered by the frequency in which the words are used. Therefore, the first 10 words are the 10 most frequent words found in books and stories for children, making it easy for your child to quickly grow a useful sight word vocabulary!
- Small Groups of Words Make Learning Easy - In order to make it more manageable the words are listed in groups of ten. This means that your child won't be overwhelmed by a large list. He or she can master one group before moving on to the next.
- Skip Around Feature! - To keep your little one on his or her toes, each flash card has links on the bottom of page to allow you to skip around to other words in that group. Just click on a hyperlink and move to another letter in the section.
- Easy to Read, Large Font - All the flashcards use a serif font which means they are in the same easy to read font style used by most books, magazines and newspapers!
Words Included (by group)
- Group 1: the, to, and, a, I, you, it, in, said, for
- Group 2: up, look, is, go, we, little, down, can, see, not
- Group 3: one, my, me, big, come, blue, red, where, jump, away
- Group 4: here, help, make, yellow, two, play, run, find, three, funny
- Group 5: ball, boy, cat, cow, dog, duck, leg, pig, sun, top
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: