Essays on Politics and Free-Market Thinking
Politics can impact the marketplace in a big way.
In Leaving Liberty?, author Martin Mazorra presents a collection of essays that explores the important relationship between politics and economics.
Delivered in a daily devotional format of thirty-one essays, Leaving Liberty? provides insight into the long-term effects of a growing government and answers a host of related questions:
• Will extending unemployment benefits inspire longer terms of unemployment?
• Is raising the minimum wage ultimately good for young and unskilled workers?
• How can governments spend beyond their means and rack up debt, while a company or a household doing the same would have gone bankrupt long ago?
• Is bailing out failed institutions truly in our best interest?
• Why do seemingly bright people in high positions continue to make egregious mistakes?
Clear and concise, this collection touts the benefits of a free-market economy while offering a fundamental understanding of the global economy and the integral economic role that politics plays throughout the world.
- iUniverse, February 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: