Essays on Politics and Free-Market Thinking
Politics can impact the marketplace in a big way.
In Leaving Liberty?, author Martin Mazorra presents a collection of essays that explores the important relationship between politics and economics.
Delivered in a daily devotional format of thirty-one essays, Leaving Liberty? provides insight into the long-term effects of a growing government and answers a host of related questions:
• Will extending unemployment benefits inspire longer terms of unemployment?
• Is raising the minimum wage ultimately good for young and unskilled workers?
• How can governments spend beyond their means and rack up debt, while a company or a household doing the same would have gone bankrupt long ago?
• Is bailing out failed institutions truly in our best interest?
• Why do seemingly bright people in high positions continue to make egregious mistakes?
Clear and concise, this collection touts the benefits of a free-market economy while offering a fundamental understanding of the global economy and the integral economic role that politics plays throughout the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Martin Mazorra
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Martin Mazorra
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 25, 2016
- iUniverse, February 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: