Learning XNA 4.0
Game Development for the PC, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7
by Aaron Reed
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Want to develop games for Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7? This hands-on book will get you started with Microsoft's XNA 4.0 development framework right away -- even if you have no experience developing games. Although XNA includes several key concepts that can be difficult for beginning web developers to grasp, Learning XNA 4.0 shortens the learning curve by walking you through the framework in a clear and understandable step-by-step format.
Each chapter offers a self-contained lesson with illustrations and annotated examples, along with exercises and review questions to help you test your understanding and practice new skills as you go. Once you've finished this book, you'll know how to develop your own sophisticated games from start to finish.
- Learn game development from 2D animation to 3D cameras and effects
- Delve into high-level shader language (HLSL) and introductory artificial intelligence concepts
- Build three complete, exciting games using 2D, 3D, and multiplayer techniques
- Develop for and deploy your games to the Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7
- O'Reilly Media, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: