- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Get Started Fast with Node.js Apps and Server Development
Node.js makes it far easier to create fast, compact, and reliable web/network applications and web servers, and is rapidly becoming indispensable to modern web developers.
You’ll start by installing and running Node.js, understanding the extensions it uses, and quickly writing your first app. Next, building on the basics, you’ll write more capable application servers and extend them with today’s most powerful Node.js tools and modules. Finally, you’ll discover today’s best practices for testing, running Node.js code on production servers, and writing command-line utilities.
Throughout the book, author Marc Wandschneider teaches by walking you line-by-line through carefully crafted examples, demonstrating proven techniques for creating highly efficient applications and servers.
* Master Node.js nonblocking IO and async programming
* Handle more requests and increase your application’s flexibility
* Use and write your own modules
* Perform common JSON/web server tasks
* Use browsers to generate pages on the fly via Ajax calls and template libraries
* Simplify development with the express framework
* Create database back-ends using popular NoSQL and relational databases
* Deploy and run Node.js apps on Unix/OS X or Windows servers
* Take advantage of multiprocessor hardware
* Support virtual hosts and SSL/HTTPS security
* Test Node.js programs that mix synchronous, async, and RESTful server API functionality
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Marc Wandschneider
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Marc Wandschneider
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 20, 2016
- Pearson Education, June 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: