The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay
by Warren Kozak
- List Price$18.99
- Your price$15.19
Save $3.80 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 8400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
THE FIREBOMBING OF TOKYO. Strategic Air Command. John F. Kennedy. Dr. Strangelove. George Wallace. All of these have one man in common-General Curtis LeMay, who remains as unknowable and controversial as he was in life.
Until now. Warren Kozak traces the trajectory of America’s most infamous general, from his troubled background and heroic service in Europe to his firebombing of Tokyo, guardianship of the U.S. nuclear arsenal in the Cold War, frustrated career in government, and short-lived political run. Curtis LeMay’s life spanned an epoch in American military history, from the small U.S. Army Air Corps of the interwar years to the nuclear age.
LeMay: The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay tells the whole story of the innovative pilot and navigator; the courageous general who led his bomber formations from the front, flying the lead bomber; the brilliant strategist; the unflagging patriot; and the founder of modern strategic bombing, who was famous and notorious in turns.
In LeMay: The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay, you’ll learn:
- How LeMay developed the strategy and techniques that transformed Allied bombing in World War II, radically improving results and saving lives
- Why he developed the plan of fire-bombing Tokyo
- Why he expected a war with Russia
- How he tried to prevent the Bay of Pigs disaster
- Who really came up with the idea of bombing the North Vietnamese back into the Stone Age”
- Why he agreed to be George Wallace’s running mate in the election of 1968-despite loathing Wallace and most of his policies
LeMay: The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay gives an unprecedented glimpse into the might and mind of one of the founding fathers of air power, whose influence, and controversy, continues to this day.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Warren Kozak
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Warren Kozak
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 24, 2016
- Regnery Publishing, October 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: