Layman's Terms: The Humorous Guide to Medical Misinterpretation
by Greg Wanner
Forget everything you?ve learned about medical terminology! Layman?s Terms: The Humorous Guide to Medical Misinterpretation introduces a whole new medical language as patients, family members, and even healthcare workers give their version of the ?doctor talk.? From ?ammonia? (pneumonia) to ?chex populations? (chest palpitations), Layman?s Terms serves as your guide to hundreds of medical malapropisms, misspellings, and humorous quotations.
- Almost 400 translations of misinterpreted medical terms
- Humorous definitions and clinical indicators
- Weird medical treatments
- Includes original ?research?
- Perfectly sized for a lab-coat pocket
- Brings some humor to a boring shift or rotation
- More funny and less helpful than a medical dictionary
Perfect for both the healthcare student and veteran medical provider, Layman?s Terms is your ?subscription? (prescription) for a healthy dose of laughter.
- iUniverse, September 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: