Jujitsu Figure-4 Locks
Submission Holds of the Gentle Art
by George Kirby
“Studying a martial art is more than a five-step learning process; it is a life sequence.” – George Kirby
American Ju-Jitsu Association co-founder and jujitsu pioneer George Kirby takes the next step forward with his new book Jujitsu Figure-4 Locks: Submission Holds of the Gentle Art. As a continuation of his series from Black Belt Books, George Kirby continues to document the evolution of jujitsu techniques for readers of all skill levels. Having explored jujitsu techniques thoroughly, George Kirby now focuses on the essential principles of jujitsu’s most effective techniques: the figure-4 lock and its variations.
Jujitsu Figure-4 Locks features the following:
- detailed photo sequences, comprehensive captions and illustrations
- meticulous but engaging prose that clearly explains the jujitsu techniques
- key technical information that is accessible and useful to beginning and advanced grapplers
- fundamental figure-4 lock characteristics as well as variations from multiple positions
Like the other books chronicling George Kirby’s lifelong study of jujitsu techniques, such as Advanced Jujitsu: The Science Behind the Gentle Art and Jujitsu Nerve Techniques: The Invisible Weapon of Self-Defense, Jujitsu Figure-4 Locks: Submission Holds of the Gentle Art is an excellent reference, insightful learning resource and a fascinating study of a key element to successful grappling.
- Cruz Bay Publishing, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: