A User's Guide: Building a Successful Joomla! Powered Website
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$28.79
Save $7.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Best Easy-to-Use Guide to Joomla!TM--The World’s #1 Open Source Content Management System
If you want to build sophisticated websites that can be easily edited and updated, you need to master Joomla. Now there’s an easy-to-read, easy-to-use guide to Joomla! for every site manager, administrator, and developer. Leading Joomla! consultant Barrie North covers all you need to get results: installation, administration, site organization, template development, content updates, and a whole lot more. You’ll find tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions, as well as three start-to-finish case studies.
New to Joomla? No problem! This book starts with the simplest design and system concepts and builds your expertise step-by-step. You’ll rapidly master Joomla!’s power, even if you have no content management, scripting, or CSS expertise. Experienced with Joomla!? You’ll turn to this book constantly for its authoritative, plain-English, example-rich Joomla! 1.5 reference content.
- Understand content management, what Joomla! does, and how its components fit together
- Build Joomla! sites from scratch and systematically customize them to your needs
- Organize content with sections, categories, blogs, and tables
- Create dynamic pages and effective navigation
- Work with Joomla! modules and components
- Learn how to optimize your Joomla! sites for search engines
- Follow three start-to-finish case studies: building a school website, a small business site, and a blog
- Identify the most valuable Joomla! extensions and add-ons: find them and use them
About the Website
The accompanying site, www.joomlabook.com, provides five fully functional Joomla! sites with live follow-along examples from the book and up-to-date information on Joomla!.
- Pearson Education, May 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: