Java Web Services: Up and Running
by Martin Kalin
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This example-driven book offers a thorough introduction to Java's APIs for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) and RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS).
Java Web Services: Up and Running takes a clear, pragmatic approach to these technologies by providing a mix of architectural overview, complete working code examples, and short yet precise instructions for compiling, deploying, and executing an application. You'll learn how to write web services from scratch and integrate existing services into your Java applications. With Java Web Services: Up and Running, you will:
- Understand the distinction between SOAP-based and REST-style services
- Write, deploy, and consume SOAP-based services in core Java
- Understand the Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) service contract
- Recognize the structure of a SOAP message
- Learn how to deliver Java-based RESTful web services and consume commercial RESTful services
- Know security requirements for SOAP- and REST-based web services
- Learn how to implement JAX-WS in various application servers
Ideal for students as well as experienced programmers, Java Web Services: Up and Running is the concise guide you need to start working with these technologies right away.
- O'Reilly Media, February 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: