Inside the Meat Grinder
An NFL Official's Life in the Trenches
Welcome to the violent world of NFL referee Chad Brown, where three-hundred-pound men hurtle at each other at supercharged speeds. Where intimidation is a way of life. And where Chad is the man marked in stripes, the man in the middle, the man who throws the yellow flag-or doesn't. This electrifying book exposes the hard-hitting reality of life in the trenches for an NFL referee, including:
* On-Field Action: what players and coaches are really saying on the field in the heat of battle.
* Dirty Tricks: how NFL players have perfected the art of escaping penalties-or getting them called on an opponent.
* Ballistic Coaches: what it's like to have everyone-coaches, players and a whole stadium full of fans-trying to intimidate you every moment of the game.
* Instant Replay: why the video tape can make an official look like a fool or a genius-and why sometimes the tape lies.
Packed with action and inside stories on some of the game's greatest players-and biggest whiners-Inside the Meat Grinder is a hard-hitting look at hardcore NFL action, where Chad Brown, a boy hell-raiser turned football player turned NFL zebra, plays the toughest position on the field...
- St. Martin's Press, September 2000
St. Martin's Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: