IT Manager's Handbook
Getting your New Job Done
- List Price$49.95
- Your price$44.99
Save $4.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Making the move from an IT technician or team member to management is one of the most difficult career steps you’ll face. Help from management and targeted training can be hard to come by - and your success depends on your ability to adapt to your new role almost overnight. You might have years of experience in the trenches, but you’ll quickly find that managing a team, setting budgets, and creating a winning strategy for the first time can be daunting tasks.
Now in its third edition, IT Manager’s Handbook provides a practical reference that you will return to again and again in an ever-changing corporate environment where the demands on IT continue to increase. Make your first 100 days really count with the fundamental principles and core concepts critical to your success as a new IT Manager. The book also includes discusses how to develop an overall IT strategy as well as demonstrate the value of IT to the company.
- Manage your enterprise’s new level of connectivity with a NEW chapter covering social media, handheld devices, and more
- Implement and optimize cloud services to provide a better experience for your mobile and virtual workforce at a lower cost to your bottom line
- Integrate mobile applications into your company’s strategy
- Manage the money, including topics such as department budgets and leasing versus buying
- Work with your "customers", whomever those might be for your IT shop
- Hire, train, and manage your team and their projects so that you come in on time and budget
- Secure your systems to face some of today's most challenging security challenges
- Elsevier Science, March 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: