How to Be Great at The Stuff You Hate
The Straight-Talking Guide to Networking, Persuading and Selling
by Nick Davies
- #14396 in Business & Finance
You have to do it… you might as well enjoy it
No one likes a pushy, smarmy salesman – no one wants to be that guy ... but most of us need to sell to some extent. How else can we get any business? We all have to do it now, whether we're lawyers, accountants or start-ups. But don't despair – there's no need to go on some cringey sales training day. How to be Great at the Stuff You Hate shows you how to develop all the skills you need to sell yourself, your business and your ideas. So ditch the dread, forget the fear and start enjoying yourself! Selling isn't something you 'do' to people, it's not some dark art practised by pushy and manipulative people – it's a process, it's a relationship ... it's fun! All you need to do is cut the crap, be yourself and win some business.
How to be Great at the Stuff You Hate shows you how to:
- Pull together a target list – who do you want to approach and do business with?
- Connect with those people – writing letters/emails
- Master meeting and networking – conquering small talk!
- Follow up once you’ve chatted to someoneAsk for what you want
- Wiley, February 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: