HomeEc 101: Skills for Everyday Living - Cook it, Clean it, Fix it, Wash it
- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Real Skills for Real Life
From keeping your home clean and in good repair to preparing your own food, self-sufficiency rocks. Having an understanding of the domestic arts gives you a sense of control over your life. These skills also help you save money, not by chasing deals, but by teaching the principle of the mantra: Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. Life skills are the essence of frugality. Whether you just moved out of your parent’s basement or you cut the apron strings a while ago, you’ll learn the skills you need to manage your household.
Inside you’ll find:
- Quick, easy cleaning solutions for every room of the house, so you can get the job done and get on with life
- Instructions for removing stubborn stains and offensive odors from fabric
- Simple fixes to wardrobe malfunctions including broken zippers, missing buttons, and fallen hemlines
- Troubleshooting advice for common problems with home appliances
- A minimum home maintenance guide to prevent or catch major repair problems
- A basic plumbing tutorial that includes clearing and preventing clogs, stopping a running toilet and retrieving items dropped down a drain
- Ideas for healthy and fast meal planning so you can start cooking and stop relying on takeout or preservative-packed convenience food
- Definitions of common cooking terms and techniques found in recipes
- Plans for stocking a pantry so you can make dinner (even if you haven’t been grocery shopping in a week) and be prepared when disaster strikes
- A complete rundown of essential kitchen equipment from knives to pans to small appliances
- F+W Media, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: