Quotations About the Great Sport of Hockey, From The Players and Coaches Who Made It Great
"I was 14 when I lost my front teeth. The main thing was, we won the game. You hate to lose your teeth and the game too." Bill Barber
Hockey Talk - Quotations About the Great Sport of Hockey, From The Players and Coaches Who Made It Great is a unique and inspired collection that includes over 350 quotations about every aspect of the great game of hockey-toughness, teamwork, scoring, goaltenders, the Stanley Cup and much, much more. And it includes quotations from and about legendary players like Lindsay, Gretzky, and Lemieux; legendary yappers like Cherry and Melrose; and legendary players and yappers like Brett Hull, Phil Esposito and Patrick Roy.
It also addresses some interesting questions, like:
- Who has been called "the best one-armed player in the game"? (hint: he's still playing)
- Who did legendary Soviet coach Anatoli Tarasov consider to be the "greatest hockey player in the world"? (hint: he wasn't Russian)
- Who was once called "a gap-toothed diabetic rink rat with the guts of 10 dozen burglars"? (hint: nowadaws he's a team executive)
- And who was told at training camp that he should just go home because he would "never be a hockey player"? (Big hint: He goes by Mr. Hockey these days … )
Hockey Talk - Quotations About the Great Sport of Hockey, From The Players and Coaches Who Made It Great also quotes some of the most exciting moments from the great voices of the game, the play-by-play broadcasters whose calls can still give us goosebumps, including names recognized across North America such as Danny Gallivan, Doc Emrick and Chris Cuthbert, as well as local legends like Rick Jeanneret, Al Shaver, and Mike Lange.
You'll find all of this and so much more in Hockey Talk - Quotations About the Great Sport of Hockey, From The Players and Coaches Who Made It Great.
"No game makes you think 'Oh this is good, this is good—Oh, this is bad, this is bad' as much as hockey." Justin Bourne
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Ross Bonander
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Ross Bonander
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 30, 2016
- Delabarre Publishing, LLC, March 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: