Handbook of Liver Disease
- List Price$89.99
- Your price$80.99
Save $9.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 36800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Handbook of Liver Disease, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Lawrence S. Friedman and Emmet B. Keeffe, gives you quick reference to the most recent diagnostic and treatment options for patients with liver disorders. International authorities share the latest clinical findings and procedures to help you expertly manage illnesses like hepatitis B and C and hepatocellular carcinoma, as well as apply new practices like genetic testing, noninvasive imaging techniques, and so much more. Quickly access updated information on all aspects of liver disease including new drugs, therapy trials, and post-transplant conditions with this full-color, templated edition–in print and online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Expedite diagnostic and therapeutic decision making with a highly templated outline format that uses full-color illustrations, tables, algorithms and figures, key point boxes, and alert symbols to present information at a glance.
- Apply some of the latest treatments for liver disease including the role of pretreatment IL28B testing for patients with hepatitis B and C; radiofrequency ablation and sorafenib in cases of hepatocellular carcinoma; the use of the drug rifaximin to treat hepatic encephalopathy; and much more.
Make optimal use of genetic testing to assess your patients’ risk of metabolic liver disease and to personalize treatment regimens for chronic hepatitis C.
- Offer your liver transplantation patients the best prognosis and follow-up with the latest information on outcomes and the management of complications.
Use blood test panels and noninvasive imaging techniques to evaluate the degree of liver fibrosis.
- Make informed treatment decisions with the latest clinical trial results for portal hypertension, autoimmune liver diseases, acute liver failure, and hepatic infections.
- Search the complete text online, download all the images, and test your knowledge with 200 board-style review questions at www.expertconsult.com.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: