HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture
- List Price$52.95
- Your price$47.69
Save $5.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 22000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In this startling new collection of case studies entitled HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture: Shattered Lives, you’ll take an eye-opening and informative look at the lifestyle and culture of the HIV/AIDS intravenous drug users (IVDUs). You’ll see how health care providers and caregivers can update their methods and mindsets in order to meet the needs of this special cross-section of patients.In each chapter of HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture, you’ll gain instant access to full medical and psychosocial histories. You’ll also find summaries of important events, clues to recognize, and strategies to safely manage each problematic situation that might arise, all of which will speed you on your way to more effectively and professionally administering to current and former intravenous drug users. Specifically, you’ll read about:
- facts about needle exchange programs, injection drug use, and seroprevalence among IVDUs
- developing and assessing coping skills
- applying harm reduction models
- relapse prevention
- identifying and dealing with manipulative behaviorsBecause most health care providers only deal with a small number of HIV/AIDS IVDU cases, they lack the opportunity to construct valuable and viable plans for dealing with such patients. Now, finally, you have this guide to help you. So, if you’re a nurse, social worker, health care provider, case manager, therapist, or someone interested in learning about the latest information regarding health care and intravenous drug use, let HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture introduce you to the culture of the drug user and the best plans for meeting his or her health care needs.
- Taylor and Francis, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: