Great Speeches For Better Speaking (Book + Audio CD) : Listen and Learn from History's Most Memorable Speeches
Listen and Learn from History's Most Memorable Speeches
- List Price$18.95
- Your price$15.19
Save $3.76 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Master the art of persuasion with lessons from the best speakers of our time.
Throughout history, they have moved us. They have enlightened and inspired us. They are our nation's most influential speakers, gifted with the talent to change minds and hearts. What is the almost magical power they possess--and how can you harness it for yourself? The answers are here in this illuminating guide to unforgettable oratory.
Complete with a ninety-minute CD featuring six great speeches in their entirety, this tool kit for speakers takes you through an in-depth analysis of these historically significant speeches and the secrets of their eloquent effectiveness. With close examination of each speech, you'll get lessons on how to:
- Address a difficult situation with help from the Great Communicator, Ronald Reagan
- Bring divergent interests together with effective arguments like Edward Kennedy
- Capture and hold your audience's attention by mastering General Douglas MacArthur's structual techniques
- Style a formal speech with the elegance of John F. Kennedy
- Maximize your delivery by studying the power of Barbara Jordan's voice
- Use Mary Fisher's special rhetorical tactics to sway even the toughest audience
- Mcgraw-hill, June 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: