Flavor for Mixed Media: A Feast of Techniques for Texture, Color and Layers
- List Price$24.99
- Your price$19.99
Save $5.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
It's time to cook up some creativity!
You're invited to a fanciful feast of color, textures and luscious layers that will tempt even the most discriminating painter's palette. Whether you love experimenting with your own flavors, or following a recipe to a 'T,' Flavor of Mixed Media will be your guide to handcrafting some of your most delectable works of art yet! Artist Mary Beth Shaw will share her mixed media painting techniques for working with color, incorporating many different textures, creating multiple layers, developing a distinct flavor and making all sorts of clever combinations.
In addition to home-style favorite such as collage tips and tricks, and inspiring works by "dinner guest" artists, other things you'll sample from this menu include:
- How to experiment with color mixing and develop your own tasty triads
- Achieving texture with unusual tools such as a cheese grater or stencils or "icing"
- Clever new ways to use what's already in your art-making pantry
- Creating depth to your work with cutout shapes or Plexiglas
- Doodling bookmaking, collagraph printing, actual food recipes and more!
Let Flavor for Mixed Media tempt your "palette" today.
- F+W Media, January 2011
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: