Fifty Key Texts in Art History
- List Price$36.95
- Your price$33.29
Save $3.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Fifty Key Texts in Art History is an anthology of critical commentaries selected from the classical period to the late modern. It explores some of the central and emerging themes, issues and debates within Art History as an increasingly expansive and globalised discipline. It features an international range of contributors , including art historians, artists, curators and gallerists.
Arranged chronologically, each entry includes a bibliography for further reading and a key word index for easy reference. Text selections range across issues including artistic value, cultural identity, modernism, gender, psychoanalysis, photographic theory, poststructuralism and postcolonialism.
- Rozsika Parker and Griselda Pollock Old Mistresses, Women, Art & Ideology (1981)
- Victor Burgin’s The End of Art Theory: Criticism and Postmodernity (1986)
- Homi Bhabha The Location of Culture: Hybridity, Liminal Spaces and Borders (1994)
- Geeta Kapur When was Modernism in Indian Art? (1995)
- Judith Butler's Gender Trouble (1999)
- Georges Didi Huberman Confronting Images. Questioning the Ends of a Certain History of Art (2004)
- Taylor and Francis, March 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: