Fault-Zone Properties and Earthquake Rupture Dynamics
- List Price$86.95
- Your price$78.29
Save $8.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 35600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The dynamics of the earthquake rupture process are closely related to fault zone properties which the authors have intensively investigated by various observations in the field as well as by laboratory experiments. These include geological investigation of the active and fossil faults, physical and chemical features obtained by the laboratory experiments, as well as the seismological estimation from seismic waveforms. Earthquake dynamic rupture can now be modeled using numerical simulations on the basis of field and laboratory observations, which should be very useful for understanding earthquake rupture dynamics.
* First overview of new and improved techniques in the study of earthquake faulting
* Broad coverage
* Full color
* A must-have for all geophysicists who work on earthquake dynamics
* Single resource for all aspects of earthquake dynamics (from lab measurements to seismological observations to numerical modelling)
* Bridges the disciplines of seismology, structural geology and rock mechanics
* Helps readers to understand and interpret graphs and maps
Also has potential use as a supplementary resource for upper division and graduate geophysics courses.
- Elsevier Science, April 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: