An Introduction to Engineering and Design
- List Price$93.95
- Your price$84.59
Save $9.36 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 38400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Engineers solve problems, and work on emerging challenges in a wide range of areas important to improving quality of life; areas like sustainable energy, access to clean water, and improved communications and health care technologies. Kosky et. al. explore the world of engineering by introducing the reader to what engineers do, the fundamental principles that form the basis of their work, and how they apply that knowledge within a structured design process. The three part organization of the text reinforces these areas, making this an ideal introduction for anyone interested in exploring the various fields of engineering and learning how engineers work to solve problems.
- NEW: Additional discussions on what engineers do, and the distinctions among engineers, technicians, and managers (Chapter 1)
- NEW: Re-organized and updated chapters in Part II to more closely align with specific engineering disciplines
- NEW: New chapters on emerging fields of engineering, including Bioengineering and Green Energy Engineering
- NEW: Discussions of Design for Six Sigma integrated into Part III on the design process
- An Engineering Ethics Decision Matrix is introduced in Chapter 1 and used throughout the book to pose ethical challenges and explore ethical decision-making in an engineering context
- Lists of "Top Engineering Achievements" and "Top Engineering Challenges" help put the material in context and show engineering as a vibrant discipline involved in solving societal problems
- Elsevier Science, September 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: