Tips & Tools for Streamlining Your Spreadsheets
- List Price$23.99
- Your price$19.19
Save $4.80 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Millions of users create and share Excel spreadsheets every day, but few go deeply enough to learn the techniques that will make their work much easier. There are many ways to take advantage of Excel's advanced capabilities without spending hours on advanced study. Excel Hacks provides more than 130 hacks -- clever tools, tips and techniques -- that will leapfrog your work beyond the ordinary.
Now expanded to include Excel 2007, this resourceful, roll-up-your-sleeves guide gives you little known "backdoor" tricks for several Excel versions using different platforms and external applications. Think of this book as a toolbox. When a need arises or a problem occurs, you can simply use the right tool for the job. Hacks are grouped into chapters so you can find what you need quickly, including ways to:
- Reduce workbook and worksheet frustration -- manage how users interact with worksheets, find and highlight information, and deal with debris and corruption.
- Analyze and manage data -- extend and automate these features, moving beyond the limited tasks they were designed to perform.
- Hack names -- learn not only how to name cells and ranges, but also how to create names that adapt to the data in your spreadsheet.
- Get the most out of PivotTables -- avoid the problems that make them frustrating and learn how to extend them.
- Create customized charts -- tweak and combine Excel's built-in charting capabilities.
- Hack formulas and functions -- subjects range from moving formulas around to dealing with datatype issues to improving recalculation time.
- Make the most of macros -- including ways to manage them and use them to extend other features.
- Use the enhanced capabilities of Microsoft Office 2007 to combine Excel with Word, Access, and Outlook.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by David Hawley,Raina Hawley
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by David Hawley,Raina Hawley
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 23, 2016
- O'Reilly Media, June 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: