Evolution in Reference and Information Services
The Impact of the Internet
by Linda S Katz
- List Price$37.95
- Your price$34.19
Save $3.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Explore ways to bring and keep your library’s electronic services up to date!From editor Di Su: “Some years ago, if you were told that a library’s catalog would be available on a 24/7/365 basis, you’d think it was just another fiction. Perhaps as influential as Johannes Gutenberg’s invention of movable type printing, the Internet is one of the most significant happenings in the information world in modern times.”In addition to showing you how library services have been influenced and enhanced by the advent of the Internet, Evolution in Reference and Information Services: The Impact of the Internet will enable you to make the most of the new opportunities that current technologies offer. This valuable book will also help you and your library avoid the pitfalls and new challenges to professional competency that come along with electronic research.Evolution in Reference and Information Services:
- gives you a review of the history of electronic reference
- looks at the increasing role of librarians as teachers and providers of technical help for users
- provides case studies and ways to evaluate electronic research methods
- suggests strategies for providing effective electronic services
- examines government Web sites
- explores Internet sources of health information
- shows you how to establish electronic services through your library’s portal site
- looks at how to manage a library computer lab and much more!
- Taylor and Francis, May 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: