Even You Can Learn Statistics
A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statistics
- List Price$24.99
- Your price$19.99
Save $5.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Even You Can Learn Statistics: A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statisticsi s a practical, up-to-date introduction to statistics—for everyone! Thought you couldn’t learn statistics? You can—and you will! One easy step at a time, this fully updated book teaches you all the statistical techniques you’ll need for finance, quality, marketing, the social sciences, or anything else! Simple jargon-free explanations help you understand every technique. Practical examples and worked-out problems give you hands-on practice. Special sections present detailed instructions for developing statistical answers, using spreadsheet programs or any TI-83/TI-84 compatible calculator. This edition delivers new examples, more detailed problems and sample solutions, plus an all-new chapter on powerful multiple regression techniques. Hate math? No sweat. You’ll be amazed at how little you need. Like math? Optional “Equation Blackboard” sections reveal the mathematical foundations of statistics right before your eyes! You’ll learn how to:
• Construct and interpret statistical charts and tables with Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc 3
• Work with mean, median, mode, standard deviation, Z scores, skewness, and other descriptive statistics
• Use probability and probability distributions
• Work with sampling distributions and confidence intervals
• Test hypotheses with Z, t, chi-square, ANOVA, and other techniques
• Perform powerful regression analysis and modeling
• Use multiple regression to develop models that contain several independent variables
• Master specific statistical techniques for quality and Six Sigma programs
About the Web Site
Download practice files, templates, data sets, and sample spreadsheet models—including ready-to-use solutions for your own work! www.ftpress.com/youcanlearnstatistics2e
- Pearson Education, August 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: