EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework
Eclipse Modeling Framework
- List Price$43.99
- Your price$39.59
Save $4.40 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework
Series Editors: Erich Gamma • Lee Nackman • John Wiegand
The Authoritative Guide to EMF Modeling and Code Generation
The Eclipse Modeling Framework enables developers to rapidly construct robust applications based on surprisingly simple models. Now, in this thoroughly revised Second Edition, the project’s developers offer expert guidance, insight, and examples for solving real-world problems with EMF, accelerating development processes, and improving software quality.
This edition contains more than 40% new material, plus updates throughout to make it even more useful and practical. The authors illuminate the key concepts and techniques of EMF modeling, analyze EMF’s most important framework classes and generator patterns, guide you through choosing optimal designs, and introduce powerful framework customizations and programming techniques. Coverage includes
• Defining models with Java, UML, XML Schema, and Ecore
• NEW: Using extended Ecore modeling to fully unify XML with UML and Java
• Generating high-quality code to implement models and editors
• Understanding and customizing generated code
• Complete documentation of @model Javadoc tags, generator model properties, and resource save and load options
• NEW: Leveraging the latest EMF features, including extended metadata, feature maps, EStore, cross-reference adapters, copiers, and content types
• NEW: Chapters on change recording, validation, and utilizing EMF in stand-alone and Eclipse RCP applications
• NEW: Modeling generics with Ecore and generating Java 5 code
About the Authors
Dave Steinberg is a software developer in IBM Software Group. He has worked with Eclipse and modeling technologies since joining the company, and has been a committer on the EMF project since its debut in 2002.
Frank Budinsky, a senior architect in IBM Software Group, is an original coinventor of EMF and a founding member of the EMF project at Eclipse. He is currently cochair of the Service Data Objects (SDO) specification technical committee at OASIS and lead SDO architect for IBM.
Marcelo Paternostro is a software architect and engineer in IBM Software Group. He is an EMF committer and has been an active contributor to several other Eclipse projects. Before joining IBM, Marcelo managed, designed, and implemented numerous projects using Rational's tools and processes.
Ed Merks is the project lead of EMF and a colead of the top-level Modeling project at Eclipse. He holds a Ph.D. in Computing Science and has many years of in-depth experience in the design and implementation of languages, frameworks, and application development environments. Ed works as a software consultant in partnership with itemis AG.
- Pearson Education, December 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: