Doing Development Research
- List Price$67.00
- Your price$60.29
Save $6.71 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 27600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Doing Development Research is a comprehensive introduction to research in development studies, that provides thorough training for anyone carrying out research in developing countries. It brings together experts with extensive experience of overseas research, presenting an interdisciplinary guide to the core methodologies.
Informed by years of research experience, Doing Development Research draws together many strands of action research and participatory methods, demonstrating their diverse applications and showing how they interrelate. The text provides:
· an account of the theoretical approaches that underlie development work
· an explanation of the practical issues involved in planning development research
· a systematic overview of information and data collecting methods in three sub-sections:
· methods of social research and associated forms of analysis
· using existing knowledge and records
· disseminating findings/research
Using clear and uncomplicated language – illustrated with appropriate learning features throughout - the text guides the researcher through the choice of appropriate methods, the implementation of the research, and the communication of the findings to a range of audiences. This is the essential A-Z of development research.
- SAGE Publications, March 2006
SAGE Publications Ltd
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: