Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics
David Crystal's A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics has long been the standard single-volume reference for its field. Now available in its sixth edition, it has been revised and updated to reflect the latest terms in the field.
- Includes in excess of 5,100 terms, grouped into over 3,000 entries
- Coverage reflects recommendations by a team of experts in phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, making it exceptionally comprehensive
- Incorporates new ideas stemming from the minimalist program
- Contains a separate table of abbreviations and table of symbols, along with an updated International Phonetic Alphabet
- Updates entries to reflect the way established terms are now perceived in light of changes in the field, providing a unique insight into the historical development of linguistics
- Remains the standard single-volume reference for the field of linguistics and phonetics.
- Wiley, September 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: