Dealing with the Tough Stuff
How to Achieve Results from Key Conversations
How to handle difficult discussions in the workplace
Packed with practical and pragmatic suggestions and methods for dealing with the tough stuff at work, this unique and helpful book features simple diagnostics, models, and processes that you can put to use immediately.
The author team shares their years of research and experience so that you can benefit from their case studies and examples, all of which are aimed at increasing the confidence of anyone working in a management or leadership role. You'll discover how the science of human behavior—both verbal and nonverbal—plays an enormous role when handling conflict situations and you'll learn how to apply a variety of tools, tips, and strategies when leading critical conversations with empathy and assertiveness.
- Explains why avoiding dealing with the tough stuff at work can be so costly for managers, staff, and, ultimately, the business
- Features methods and strategies that have been backed by contemporary theory and tested and trialed with thousands of participants
- Zeroes in on ways to uncover the root cause of difficult behavior
- Shares advice for finding the best way to be assertive in any situation
- Reveals techniques for depersonalizing conflict and avoiding language that causes conflict
- Wiley, July 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: