Current Veterinary Therapy
Food Animal Practice
- List Price$208.00
- Your price$187.19
Save $20.81 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 84000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Written by leading food animal researchers, practitioners, and educators, this comprehensive guide provides quick access to the latest medical and surgical interventions for cattle, sheep, and goats. The concise, quick-reference format and logical body systems organization make it ideal for use in both the clinical setting and the field. You’ll easily locate key information on preventing, treating, and managing disease in food animals, as well as expert insights on improving outcomes for individual animals and herd populations.
- Authoritative, cutting-edge coverage offers clinically relevant strategies for diagnosing and managing a wide range of diseases and disorders in food animals, with a focus on cattle, sheep, and goats.
- Logically organized content is easy-to-follow and provides a practical approach to determining appropriate medical and surgical interventions.
- Concise, easy-to-read format helps you find essential information quickly and easily.
- Expert editors, consultants, and writers ensure the accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of each topic to keep you on the cutting edge of food animal therapy.
- New editors and a new team of section editors bring a fresh perspective and authoritative guidance on caring for food animals.
- Completely revised and updated content includes new sections on topics such as:
- Genital surgery
- Pharmacology and therapeutics
- Restraint, anesthesia, and pain management
- Cow-calf/small ruminant production medicine
- Feedlot production medicine
- Coverage of hot topics in the field includes biosecurity in feedlots, therapy in organic livestock medicine, and ethical responsibilities in selecting drugs for use in food animals.
- Expanded treatment options incorporate surgical interventions where appropriate, including laparoscopic procedures.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, July 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: