Coyote Healing: Miracles in Native Medicine
Miracles in Native Medicine
- List Price$18.00
- Your price$14.39
Save $3.61 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Distills the basic principles used by Native American healers to create miracles.
• Explores the power of miracles in both traditional Native American healing and modern scientific medicine.
• Cites numerous cases in which people whose conditions were deemed hopeless were miraculously healed.
• Enables readers to start their own healing journey through the exploration of purpose, meaning, and acceptance.
• By the author of Coyote Medicine.
Native American healers expect miracles and prepare in all possible ways for them to occur. In modern medicine, miraculous recoveries are discarded from studies as anomalous cases that will taint the otherwise orderly results. Yet this small group of "miracle" patients has much to teach us about healing and survival.
Coyote Healing distills the common elements in miracle cures to help people start their own healing journey. Looking at 100 cases of individuals who experienced miracle cures, Dr. Mehl-Madrona found the same preconditions that Native American healers know are necessary in order for miracles to occur. The author reveals what he learned from both his own practice and the interviews he conducted with survivors about the common features of their path back to wellness. Survivors found purpose and meaning in their life-threatening illness; peaceful acceptance was key to their healing. Coyote Healing also tells of another kind of miracle--finding faith, hope, and serenity even when a cure seems impossible.
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company, March 2003
Bear & Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: