Contact Lens Practice
by Nathan Efron
- List Price$176.99
- Your price$159.29
Save $17.70 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 71600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Thoroughly revised and updated, this popular book provides a comprehensive yet easy to read guide to modern contact lens practice. Beautifully re-designed in a clean, contemporary layout, this second edition presents relevant and up-to-date information in a systematic manner, with a logical flow of subject matter from front to back.
This book wonderfully captures the ‘middle ground’ in the contact lens field … somewhere between a dense research-based tome and a basic fitting guide. As such, it is ideally suited for both students and general eye care practitioners who require a practical, accessible and uncluttered account of the contact lens field.
- Outlines a rational clinical approach to modern contact lens fitting - practical advice for the clinic and the classroom
- Logical structure and systematic layout, with relevant chapters grouped into coherent sections for easy reference
- Up-to-date for accurate information
- Chapters are contextualised through cross-referencing - helping to reflect the relative importance of different topics
- Provides an 'historical time line' of contact lens development and explains the current global situation
- Explains how contact lenses are fabricated, designed, manufactured and measured
- Reviews the scientific principles that underpin the clinical application of contact lenses
- New chapter on daily disposable contact lenses.
- Contributing authors comprising optometrists, ophthalmologists, dispensing opticians, industry experts, researchers and clinicians – all of whom are true international leaders in their sub-specialty areas.
- Many new line diagrams and clinical photographs to illustrate, inform and explain the concepts outlined in the text.
- Special consideration is given to the most popular lens replacement systems – daily, two-weekly and monthly.
- Extensive appendices to assist chair-side decision making in everyday practice.
- Efron Grading Scales for Contact Lens Complications.
- Evidence-based approach with numerous up-to-date references at the end of each chapter.
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, March 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: