Consumerism in World History
The Global Transformation of Desire
- List Price$35.95
- Your price$32.39
Save $3.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This second edition of Consumerism in World History draws on recent research of the consumer experience in the West and Japan, while also examining societies less renowned for consumerism, such as those in Africa.
By relating consumerism to other issues in world history, this book forces reassessment of our understanding of both consumerism and global history. Each chapter has been updated and new features now include:
- a chapter on Latin America
- Russian and Chinese developments since the 1990s
- the changes involved in trying to bolster consumerism as a response to recent international threats
- examples of consumerist syncretism, as in efforts to blend beauty contests with traditional culture in Kerala.
With updated suggested reading, the second edition of Consumerism in World History is essential reading for all students of world history.
- Taylor and Francis, April 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: